X-Forces Enterprise (XFE) is excited to relaunch their popular 3-day training course designed exclusively for Tri-Service spouses, partners and family members, of both serving personnel and veterans, who are looking to explore alternative employment options.
The 3-Day Self-Employment Discovery course is an amazing opportunity to develop valuable enterprise skills, learn all about the self-employment landscape, determine the viability of any business idea and network with other spouses, partners and family members going on a similar journey to you.
In collaboration with the Army, RAF & Navy Family Federations. Supported by The Royal British Legion.
Click here to register, and find out more.
The online workshop will be over three dates: 6th September, 15th September and 23rd September.
The course content will cover:
• The pros and cons of self-employment
• Understanding what starting a business means for you, your family and your finances
• Attributes of a successful entrepreneur
• Explore what support is available, and how to access it
• Peer-to-peer support & networking opportunities through XFE
• What it is to be a business owner – facts and misconceptions.
• In-depth analysis of the business plan -– to enable individuals to understand their business in context.
• Marketing – market research, understanding the market, competitors, marketing oneself effectively.
• Money and finance -– covered in an accessible, interactive way enabling individuals to understand what to consider and how to apply it and risk mitigation.
• Networking, Connections, Support.
• Legal aspects -– covering various points from intellectual property to legal set-ups for starting a business.
• Sustainability -– including on-going client management and client acquisition, building out and developing a business plan over time.
• Growth and how to manage it – staff recruitment.
In order to participate in the online course, you will need a personal laptop or tablet with webcam and microphone enabled, and a stable broadband connection with at least 2Mbps spare bandwidth and a fixed, quiet environment. The course will take place via Zoom.
You will be emailed further information nearer the course, including how to get online & join the virtual workshop for free.
Is there an age range for the course?
You have to be 18 or over to attend.
What do I need to do in advance of the course?
You need to sign up to XFE Hub as a member and complete the questionnaire before the training.
What will be the structure of the course?
It will be delivered through a mixture of online resources, virtual instructor lead training sessions, virtual group exercises with peers, literature review, individual remote exercises and individual interim self-paced work.
What if I can no longer attend?
We would respectfully request that, in the unfortunate event that you can no longer join us on the date booked, you give us at least 7 days warning so that we can ensure these vital spaces are filled. This is especially key during these uncertain times.
We limit class sizes to between 8-10 people to ensure maximum success for participants. XFE is proud to celebrate 7 years in delivering these highly acclaimed and consultative training workshops. We help you understand your personal motivations for business start-up and help you strategize and plan to make the business a success: your success is our success.