The calendar contains information of events that may be of interest to you or your organisation. If you would like to have an appropriate event included in our calendar, please complete our events submission form at the bottom of this page.
X-Forces Enterprise (XFE) is excited to relaunch their popular 3-day training course designed exclusively for Tri-Service spouses, partners and family members, of both serving personnel and veterans, who are looking to explore alternative employment options.
The 3-Day Self-Employment Discovery course is an amazing opportunity to develop valuable enterprise skills, learn all about the self-employment landscape, determine the viability of any business idea and network with other spouses, partners and family members going on a similar journey to you.
Click here to register, and find out more.
The online workshop will be over three dates: 6th September, 15th September and 23rd September.
• The pros and cons of self-employment
• Understanding what starting a business means for you, your family and your finances
• Attributes of a successful entrepreneur
• Explore what support is available, and how to access it
• Peer-to-peer support & networking opportunities through XFE
• What it is to be a business owner – facts and misconceptions.
• In-depth analysis of the business plan -– to enable individuals to understand their business in context.
• Marketing – market research, understanding the market, competitors, marketing oneself effectively.
• Money and finance -– covered in an accessible, interactive way enabling individuals to understand what to consider and how to apply it and risk mitigation.
• Networking, Connections, Support.
• Legal aspects -– covering various points from intellectual property to legal set-ups for starting a business.
• Sustainability -– including on-going client management and client acquisition, building out and developing a business plan over time.
• Growth and how to manage it – staff recruitment.
In order to participate in the online course, you will need a personal laptop or tablet with webcam and microphone enabled, and a stable broadband connection with at least 2Mbps spare bandwidth and a fixed, quiet environment. The course will take place via Zoom.
You will be emailed further information nearer the course, including how to get online & join the virtual workshop for free.
Is there an age range for the course?
You have to be 18 or over to attend.
What do I need to do in advance of the course?
You need to sign up to XFE Hub as a member and complete the questionnaire before the training.
What will be the structure of the course?
It will be delivered through a mixture of online resources, virtual instructor lead training sessions, virtual group exercises with peers, literature review, individual remote exercises and individual interim self-paced work.
What if I can no longer attend?
We would respectfully request that, in the unfortunate event that you can no longer join us on the date booked, you give us at least 7 days warning so that we can ensure these vital spaces are filled. This is especially key during these uncertain times.
We limit class sizes to between 8-10 people to ensure maximum success for participants. XFE is proud to celebrate 7 years in delivering these highly acclaimed and consultative training workshops. We help you understand your personal motivations for business start-up and help you strategize and plan to make the business a success: your success is our success.
If you would like to add an event to our calendar please click the button below and add the details. We will then review your submission and ask for additional details if necessary.